Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hanukkah Harry Saves Christmas!

I can't remember exactly when I first became aware of Hanukkah Harry, but I seem to remember descriptions of Hanukkah Harry from my early childhood years as really being the strategic mastermind behind the whole holiday gift giving concept with Santa as the front man. Regardless, the SNL portrayal of Hanukkah Harry saving Christmas (and of course Hershel, Moshle, and Schlomo the reindeer) is a classic that every jewish man, woman, and child should have reference to.

I will be OOT for the next 8 days which just happens to coincide with Hanukkah. So as the exemplary Holiday Jew that I am, check out the official Hanukkah history.

Whether it is the entertaining folklore of my people or the deep seated inner persecutaion issues I clearly experience arouind this time a year via a negative "gut" reaction every time I see garland, Hannukkah is about miracles. And for me, a miracle is having a deep seated faith in ourselves and the people around us that we are part of a goodness bigger than we could ever imagine. So this holiday season, take a moment of pause to look at your life experiences and the people around you as a reflection of what you are manifesting, and choose to see the miracles, they are happening every day.

If you are looking for a last minute gift idea, choose a Kiva Gift and give someone the power to change lives.


Happy Holiday to you all. In health, happiness, and light!

1 comment:

larkventures said...

Love the Hanukkah Harry video...thanks, that brought back some fond memories...thanks!