Monday, November 20, 2006

Brand New Day - Literally!

In a previous posting, I talked about the importance of intention and becoming aware of our actions/words. I will be the first to admit that I can go off on philosophical ramblings without any tangible outcome. Well, philosophical rambling meet tangible outcome. Today is a new moon. I am sure there is major scientific relevance regarding the importance of this lunar cycle. However, I am more interested in the *woo woo significance. Typically, new moons represent a time of new beginnings - literally. Look up at the sky tonight - nothing with the exception of some stars shoud you be so lucky. According to Osho Zen Philosophy, "nothing or 'no-thingness' refers to a state of pure potential that existed before the universe was created. All you can do now is relax into this nothingness....and treasure the empty moment of the experience. Something sacred is about to be born."

It is an opportunity each month to literally clean the slate and start fresh. While there are numerous ways to establish a new moon ritual, I don't want to freak people out:-) The best way to take advantage of this energy and time is to literally think about an intention of what you would like to manifest. It can begin by stating "I now manifest...in my life" or "I now call forth...in my life." It can be specific or general. It can be said to yourself or written down. Whatever resonates with you. While I can virtually promise that something will result (although probably not in the timeframe or the expected result you had in mind), it is not necessarily about the outcome. It is about placing a positive intention and feeling the empowerment that can arise - even for just for a moment.

*Editor's note: You will notice the use of "woo woo" used throughout this blog. I am perfectly aware that "woo woo" has numerous terms, many of which are perhaps inappropriate and embarrassing to get into here. But for the use of this blog, it is meant to imply spiritual, energetic, perhaps even "koo koo" and embodies thoughts that many consider to be too new agey and out there.

No comments: